1 cup pinto beans (canned or home cooked)
1 red onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tomato chopped
1 bay leaf
2 green chilies sliced thin
1. Prepare beans until soft.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet add 1/4 tsp of corn oil (or any vegetable oil), add bay leaf, garlic, onions and some salt, Saute them until onions are soft and aromatic.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 1-2 min until tomatoes get soft.
4. Add the cooked pinto beans, give it a stir to combine with the rest.
5. Using a potato masher or back of your spatula mash them well until it becomes almost a gooey mass
6. Add salt , if needed and mix well until well combined