- 4 Medium potatoes
- 4 Carrots
- Two onions
- 2-4 pound chuck roast
- Seasonings: pepper, garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- Sodium-free beef bouillon (low sodium beef broth)
- Thoroughly wash and cube four medium potatoes and place in bottom of your slow cooker. Leaving the skins on conserves vitamins.
- Wash and slice four carrots into even lengths and place them on top of the potatoes.
- Peel and slice two onions; place half of the slices on the carrots and potatoes.
- Trim any visible fat from a 3- to 4-pound chuck roast; season with pepper and garlic powder (not garlic salt), and place it in the slow cooker on top of your vegetables.
- Place the other half of the onions over the roast.
- Dissolve the sodium-free beef bouillon in 1 cup of boiling water, and pour it over roast.
- Cook the roast on low for 10 hours.
Fat 17 g total
Protein 54 g
Carbohydrate 32 g
Sodium 466 mg