1⁄2 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
3 1⁄2 cups water
1 can (15-ounce) tomato sauce
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups (12 ounces) broken spaghetti
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded parmesan cheese
1. Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
2. Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices; bring to a boil.
3. Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
4. When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try ground turkey or small cooked shrimp for the meat.
Try whole-wheat pasta to increase fiber.
Use cheddar cheese in place of parmesan.
Amount per serving (1 cup)