The AHEC Scholars Program, presented by Central Colorado Area Health Education Center, provides unique experiences, mentoring, networking, and professional references for continued education and employment. The program is provided at no-cost to health professions students who apply and meet eligibility criteria.
Two Year Program
Each year includes:
40 hours community-based, experiential, or clinical training in rural and/or underserved areas
40 hours didactic education focused on six core topic areas:
- Interprofessional Education
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Cultural Competency
- Practice Transformation
- Current/Emerging Issues
- Enhance Resume
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Be of Service in Rural Communities
- Get letters of recommendation
- Gain an understanding of the job market
- Participate while enrolled in your health professions program
- Network with other students nationwide
- Participants are distinguished and honored
Free Program for Health Profession Students
If you are interested and meet the eligibility criteria (below), apply now!
Students should have an interest in rural or underserved healthcare and be currently enrolled in a two-year health professions degree or certificate program. We are accepting students in paramedic, certified nursing assistant, nursing, physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, physician's assistant, medical assistant, pharmacist, or osteopathy programs.