Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
If you have prediabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. The CCAHEC Diabetes Prevention Program uses the PreventT2 lifestyle change program curriculum to help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes. The program is currently being offered for free to residents of El Paso County. If you live elsewhere, but would like to participate visit the CDC's "Find a Class" here.
Where: The Independence Center - 729 S. Tejon St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
*This schedule is subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances
Could you have Prediabetes?
The CDC has a short Prediabetes Risk Test you can take to find out. If you score a 5 or higher, please email your results to firstname.lastname@example.org and then use the Register Here link above to register for the January 2020 program.
You may have prediabetes if you:
Are 45 years of age or older
Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
Are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
What's in it for you?
- The program is free!
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goal as you - and fun
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months
Meet Your Lifestyle Change Coaches
Have questions or need more information? Contact us!
|The Independence Center
Carrie Baatz - Community Training Coordinator
Phone: 719-471-8181 x116