The Colorado AmeriCorps Community Opioid Response Program (CORP) is a statewide initiative utilizing 12 AmeriCorps members assigned to six regional Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) who will provide support to local communities that are implementing strategies to reduce the impact of opioid abuse throughout Colorado.
Service Position Summary: This member coordinates and facilitates provider education events around safe prescribing practices, facilitates community educational events around safe storage and disposal of medications, and coordinates delivery of youth-focused opioid-related educational programming and resources. This member may also disseminate opioid-related messaging campaigns and initiate, support and enhance community-based collaborations. Members are currently serving in Alamosa, Delta/Montrose, Denver, Greeley, and Pueblo.
- Coordinate provider education events lasting a minimum of two hours each per year
- Coordinate safe storage/safe disposal community events
- Coordinate youth-focused opioid related educational programming
- Initiate, support and enhance community-based collaborations/coalitions with lead local partners
- Collect, document and report quantitative and qualitative impact data for quarterly progress reports and monthly impact statements.
- Accurately and professionally discuss with community partners and volunteers the objectives of the AmeriCorps program, positive youth development, and site-specific objectives.
- Recruit and train community volunteers to assist with programs.
- Manage relationships with partner sites.
- Commit to complete your term of service.
- Complete contract service hours (full-time, 1700 hours) or (part-time, 900 hours) and site-specific responsibilities by end of term.
- Participate in on-going trainings and events as required and requested by AmeriCorps and/or CO AHEC Regions.
- Participate in National Days of Service
- Attend all required training, including Orientation Training in September – October
- Submit an online timesheet to report service hours once every two weeks
- Report data in online databases each week
- Complete 900 or 1700 hours by end of service term.
- Attend other events (mandatory service days in September, January, and April, member retreat typically in the fall, end of year celebration in early August, etc.) throughout the program year.
To Apply: Applications will only be accepted online at http://tinyurl.com/AmeriCorps2018. For more information about the program, please contact email@example.com or 720.707.6132.