Website Central Colorado AHEC
Professional Education Manager (Part-Time)
About Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC)
Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC) is one six regional centers within the Colorado AHEC System (CAS). The role of CCAHEC is to connect students to careers, professionals to communities, and communities to better health. Serving 10 counties in the Denver metro and foothills areas, CCAHEC promotes academic/community partnerships in five main areas of focus: 1) developing and maintaining strategic partnerships; 2) creating and delivering interprofessional education and training; 3) addressing the healthcare needs of rural and underserved areas and populations; 4) working with providers to facilitate and support practice transformation, distribution, and diversity; and 5) offering specialized community-based training.
Overview of the Professional Education Manager Role
The Professional Education Manager coordinates and provides educational experiences for healthcare professionals, healthcare students, and the community. This position evaluates performance of current programs and designs and implements new programs as needed. The Professional Education Manager participates in relevant meetings and events with healthcare professionals and community organizations; manages educational and community-based experiential training; and maintains financial oversight over related program budgets.
This position may require some travel within the region and some evening and weekend events. Supports the supervision of the Professional Education Coordinator and may supervise volunteers.
Details: This is a part-time, non-exempt, position and is supervised by the Executive Director. Worksite wellness program benefits and a professional development budget are included. Neither medical nor retirement benefits are provided with this position. Based on experience, this position offers $25.00-$30.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees RN and LPN refresher program.
- Revises curriculum, final exams, and resources at least every 2 years.
- Communicates with students via phone, in person, and email.
- Communicates with preceptor sites and coordinates educational agreements with facilities.
- Oversees student placement into partner database platforms.
- Gives final approval for Skills Checklist and attestations.
- Corrects exams and communicates results with students and State Board of Nursing.
- Oversees evaluating student experiences with Phase I online program portion and Phase II clinical placement portion.
- Precepts BS Nursing / MS Nursing students, and Doctorate Nursing Practice (DNP) students.
- Manages the process to provide clinical experiences for these students and facilitates the linking/networking and communication between the faculty and the student participants.
- Completes student evaluations throughout and at the completion of their clinical experiences according to their program requirements.
Community Programs Management
- Attends and participates in relevant meetings and events with healthcare professionals and community organizations; seeks opportunities for collaboration and program participation.
Community Relationship Development/Maintenance
- Manages educational and training activities under the HRSA grant including (AHEC Scholars Program, Community Health Workers Substance Use Disorder program, community-based experiential training, and continuing education).
- Collaborates with Colorado AHEC Program Office.
- Oversees budgets related to programs.
Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Manages assigned responsibilities and daily schedule in partnership with and receiving general supervision from the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a nursing practice and nursing education combined
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Flexible, collaborative, and an ability to anticipate needs and priorities
- Uses tact and diplomacy when handling incoming and outgoing communications and matters requiring discretion
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience with online education and registration platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills, customer-service oriented, and efficient use of resources
- Strong demonstrated critical-thinking, organizing and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage competing priorities, to troubleshoot and prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and manage workflow and workload.
- Computer proficiency in Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and fluent navigation of the internet required
- Operating knowledge of basic office computer software, large printer/copier/fax/scanner and experience with database systems
Registered Nurse with current Colorado licensure. Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation; ability to pass organizational background check investigations (including the National Sex Offender Registry and the State of Colorado Criminal History check).
Primarily sedentary work with occasional standing, walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work sites. Requires ability to use hands, fingers and arms for keyboarding, filing, telephone work, and operating office equipment greater than 75% of the time. Requires ability to push, pull, move and/or lift 10-20 lbs 0-25% of the time. Also requires:
- Working in a standard on-site business office environment
- Continuous use of PC equipment including keyboard, mouse, and printer
- Frequent use of telephone and conference equipment
- Frequent use of printer, copiers and other office equipment
- Occasional needs to work during scheduled off-hours (e.g. holidays, weekends, and evenings) to meet project commitments.
Requires adequate hearing to receive detailed oral information over the phone and in-person. Requires ability to convey detailed spoken information to internal and external customers individually and in groups, both over the telephone and in-person. Requires adequate visual acuity to use a computer screen and read written documents.
Normal office environment. Team-based and worksite wellness atmosphere.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
CCAHEC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political ideology, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Equal employment opportunity, as required by law, shall apply to all personnel actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, demotion, layoff or termination, working conditions, wages and salary administration, and employee benefits.
CCAHEC is at 10200 East Girard Ave. B131, Denver, CO 80231. The Professional Education Manager will be available part-time and will work onsite with offsite scheduling available with advance permission.
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, and a one-page statement describing your understanding of the health challenges in Colorado to Sandra Kohl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Professional Education Manager” in the subject line. Review of resumes will continue until the position is filled.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position.
Date Revised: 4/2019