Website Central CO AHEC
Connecting students to careers, professionals to communities, and communities to better health.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this
About Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC)
Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC) is one six regional centers within the Colorado AHEC System (CAS). The role of CCAHEC is to connect students to careers, professionals to communities, and communities to better health. Serving 11 + 1 counties in the Denver metro and foothills areas, CCAHEC promotes academic/community partnerships in five main areas of focus: 1) health professional student support; 2) health careers recruitment and retention; 3) health professional continuing education; 4) community education; and 5) community health planning.
Overview of Professional Education Assistant Manager Role
The Professional Education Assistant Manager assists in the coordination and provision of educational experiences for healthcare professionals, health care students and the community. He/she evaluates the performance of current programs and designs and implements new programs with the help of the Professional Education Manager. He/she maintains current trend and information appropriate to the role—including attending appropriate workshops/conferences.
This position may require some travel in the region and attending some evening and weekend events. It may also involve supervision of volunteers.
Details: This is a part-time, non-exempt position with the idea that it will go full time. For the right candidate, full-time capacity is negotiable to begin when hired. Worksite Wellness Program Benefits and a Professional Development Budget are included. Company-Provided Health Plan is included with full time employment only. Hourly rate is $23-$25 per hour depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Co-manages the RN and LPN Refresher Programs with the Professional Education Manager (PEM). Duties include:
a. Enrolling students in the online courses
b. Communicating with Financial Manager regarding payment
c. Working with the PEM to trouble shoot student problems and answer questions
d. Answering phone and email messages from students
e. Communicating with preceptor sites and coordinating educational agreements
f. Arranging final exam dates in the office and remotely
g. Correcting exams and communicating results with students
h. Evaluating students’ experiences and revising course and exams
i. Sending letters and certificates to students and Board of Nursing upon completion of the program
j. Keeping files and data current
k. Contributing to the annual report for the Executive Director
2. Assists PEM with the BSN student nurses in Community Health and Leadership rotations. Duties include:
a. Communicating with the College faculty regarding clinical experiences
b. Working with the PEM at clinical sites
3. Assists the PEM with the Community Service Learning program for Family Medicine Medical Students. Duties include:
a. Answering emails requesting community experiences
b. Coordinating clinical sites for medical students
4. Attends and participates in relevant meetings and events with health professionals and related community organizations; and partners and seeks opportunities for networking and collaboration.
These include: Alliance for Clinical Education, Community of Caring, Senior Circle, Nightingale, Denver Metro Regional Science Fair, Center for Nursing Excellence, St. Vincent de Paul, Corps Community Day.
5. Assists the PEM in educational and training activities under the HRSA grant, including the components of the AHEC Scholars Program, Inter-professional Education activities, YHC Clinics, and conferences.
6. Assists the PEM in developing presentations for appropriate conferences to report on new programs and opportunities for students and nurses in public health.
Reports directly to and receives general supervision from the Professional Education Manager.
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing
• Current Colorado RN license
• Valid Colorado Driver’s license
• Employment contingent upon being able to pass both National Sex Offender Registry and State of Colorado Criminal History checks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient medical/surgical knowledge and the ability to field questions accordingly from program students
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, thrives in a team-based leadership
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Flexibility and self-initiation, Uses resources efficiently
• Operating knowledge of basic office equipment and software. Experience with Blackboard learning management system a plus.
Current Colorado RN certification
Primarily sedentary work with occasional standing, walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work sites. Requires ability to use hands, fingers, and arms for keyboarding, filing, telephone work, and operating office equipment greater than 75% of the time. Requires ability to push, pull, move, and/or lift 10-20 lbs. 0-25% of the time. Also, requires:
1. Working in a standard on-site business office environment
2. Continuous use of PC equipment including keyboard, mouse, and printer
3. Frequent use of telephone and conference equipment
4. Frequent use of printer, copiers, and other office equipment
5. Occasionally needs to work during scheduled off-hours (e.g. holidays, weekends, and evenings) to meet project commitments.
Requires adequate hearing to receive detailed oral information over the phone and in-person. Requires ability to convey detailed spoken information to internal and external customers individually and in groups, both over the telephone and in-person. Requires adequate visual acuity to use a computer screen and read written documents.
Normal office environment. Team-based & worksite wellness atmosphere.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: CCAHEC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. CCAHEC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.
Location: CCAHEC is at 10200 East Girard Ave, Suite B-131. The Professional Education Assistant Manager will be available part-time and will work onsite with offsite scheduling available with advance permission.
Application Process: To apply please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to Lin Browning, Executive Director of Central Colorado Area Health Education Center, in care of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Professional Education Assist. Manager – your name” in the subject line. Review of resumes will continue until the position is filled.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com