Website Central CO AHEC
Connecting Students to Careers, Professionals to Communities, and Communities to Better Health
About Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC)
Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC) is one six regional centers within the Colorado AHEC System (CAS). The role of CCAHEC is to connect students to careers, professionals to communities, and communities to better health. Serving 10 counties in the Denver metro and foothills areas, CCAHEC promotes academic/community partnerships in five main areas of focus: 1) health professional diversity and distribution; 2) health careers recruitment and retention; 3) health professional student support; 4) community education; and 5) community health planning.
Overview of AmeriCorps VISTA Program Coordinator Role
The AmeriCorps VISTA Coordinator supports the Colorado Opioid Response Program (CORP) Fiscal Manager and CORP Program Manager and serves as a point of contact for internal and external constituencies on numerous administrative, compliance, and VISTA member matters pertaining to the programs. Responsibilities include assisting with: VISTA recruitment and retention; program marketing; policy revision; document creation, revision, and upkeep; performance measure and data tracking; and training creation and presentation. The ideal candidate is creative and enjoys working within a small, team-based environment that is mission and results-driven. The AmeriCorps VISTA Coordinator will work independently on projects and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This position may require some travel in the region and attending some evening and weekend events.
Details: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Benefits include: company-provided health plan, worksite wellness program, travel budget, and a professional development budget. Annual salary of $27,750.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the CORP Program Manager, the VISTA Coordinator:
Administrative and Compliance
• Assists with CORP policy drafting, review, and revision
• Edits and revises VISTA Assignment Descriptions, and Member and Supervisor Handbooks
• Develops and analyzes evaluation procedures and analyzes program survey data
• Assists with marketing and outreach for CORP
• Helps gather and curate CORP website content
• Assists with member recruitment including posting and maintaining position postings
• Responds to member, supervisor, and director inquiries and provides requested information and documents
• Maintains accurate meeting attendance records
• Assists with project summary updates
• Assists with program development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and revisions
• Participates in monthly program conference calls with Members, supervisors, and program staff
• Attends VISTA Supervisor Training
• Coordinates and participates in program site visits
• Assists with required program reports and fiscal reporting
• Assists with performance measure oversite and completion
• Assists with maintaining complete file of records, documents, communications, notes, and other written materials pertaining to the program
• Assists with trimester and final reports, and grant modifications and extensions
• Gathers and coordinates monthly and quarterly reporting feedback from host sites
• Assists with member applications through onboarding including: all candidate communication, initial phone interviews/screening, assisting with scheduling interviews, participating on interview committee, reference calls and extending offers to members
• Assists with initial member trainings and presentation slide upkeep
• Assists with the coordination of member recruitment (review resumes, interviews, materials distribution), selection, orientation, training, supervision, evaluation, service activity, and data collection
• Assists with developing and delivering member training including webinars, self-study, and in-person trainings
• Provides logistical support for member service activities
• Supports member Days of Service • Assists with planning and executing annual member exit celebration
• Assists with host site supervisor training development and delivery
• Assists with host supervision and assistance
• Assists with developing and ensuring all sites adhere to data integrity and collection
• Participates in mid and end of year progress reports and discussion
Reports directly to and receives general supervision from the AmeriCorps Program Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, education, or related field
• At least one term of AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps VISTA, or Peace Corps service or equivalent
• Ability to travel throughout the state of Colorado
• Previous work experience in an office environment
• Experience working with volunteer programs
• Interest and/or field experience in public health and education
• experience working as both part of a team, and working independently
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work effectively with a high degree of independence and self-motivation
• Resourcefulness and ability to problem-solve and take initiative
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
• Ability to lead trainings and communicate effectively with communities, partners, and other stakeholders
• Ability to establish positive working relationships
• Strong internal and external customer service orientation
• Strong demonstrated critical-thinking, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to coordinate multiple activities, establish priorities, attend to detail, handle interruptions, manage time and follow-up, and meet deadlines
• Experience in event and meeting planning
• Ability to anticipate needs and priorities
• Flexible and collaborative
• Uses tact and diplomacy when handling incoming and outgoing communications and matters requiring discretion
• Computer proficiency in Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and fluent navigation of the internet required
• Experience with Google Apps and video conferencing software preferred
Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation; ability to pass a complete background check (including the National Sex Offender Registry, State of Colorado and state of residence, and FBI Criminal History check)
Primarily sedentary work with occasional standing, walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work sites. Requires ability to use hands, fingers, and arms for keyboarding, filing, telephone work, and operating office equipment greater than 75% of the time. Requires ability to push, pull, move, and/or lift 10-20 lbs. 0-25% of the time. Also, requires:
1. Working in a standard on-site business office environment
2. Continuous use of PC equipment including keyboard, mouse, and printer
3. Frequent use of telephone and conference equipment
4. Frequent use of printer, copiers, and other office equipment
5. Occasionally needs to work during scheduled off-hours (e.g. holidays, weekends, and evenings) to meet project commitments.
Requires adequate hearing to receive detailed oral information over the phone and in-person. Requires ability to convey detailed spoken information to internal and external customers individually and in groups, both over the telephone and in-person. Requires adequate visual acuity to use a computer screen and read written documents.
Normal office environment. Team-based and worksite wellness atmosphere.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
CCAHEC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. CCAHEC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.
CCAHEC is at 10200 East Girard Ave, Suite B-131. The VISTA Coordinator will be available full-time and will work onsite with offsite scheduling available with advance permission.
To apply please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to Lin Browning, Executive Director of Central Colorado Area Health Education Center, in care of email@example.com. Please include “CORP VISTA Coordinator – your name” in the subject line. Review of resumes and cover letters will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org